We work together to continually develop and implement sustainable solutions. Through Green Thread, our environmental sustainability platform, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on reducing the environmental impact within our operations.
Here are just a few ways we work to make our campus more environmentally conscious:
Did you know Dining Services sources food from local farmers including:
- Costa Farm, White Bear Lake, MN
- Zywiec Farms, Cottage Grove, MN
- Axdahl Farms, Stillwater, MN
- Svihel Vegetable Farms, Foley, MN
- Vine Valley, Stewart, MN
- Sauter Dairy, Cannon Falls, MN
- Sampson Dairy, Owatonna, MN
- Mills Dairy, New York Mills, MN
- Lone Oak Dairy, Winona, MN
Dining Services partners with campus to recycle cardboard, aluminum and glass.
Fryer Oil Recycling
Used fryer oil is recycled by Quest Services to be used in generation of biodiesel fuel.
Dining Services offers a hydration station in Bishop's Bistro.
Dining Services works with Barthold Recycling to divert food waste from landfills or burn piles by using Hamline's food waste as animal feed for their pork farm.
Dining Services partners with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program to purchase safe, sustainable seafood.